Did you know everyone has a pelvic floor?
This is made up of muscles, tendons, ligaments, connective tissues, nerves and sphincters.
These structures are designed to provide you with:
- Continence (bladder & bowels)
- Support your abdominal organs
- Provide & enhance sexual function
- Contribute to your 'core' support or strength
- for pregnant women: ability to hold your baby comfortably whilst pregnant and give birth to your baby
Continence & Women's Health Physiotherapists are trained to understand, assess and diagnose any problems you may be having with your pelvis or pelvic floor.